How to Safely Sell Your Home Amid COVID-19 Concerns
Selling your home mid-pandemic may be necessary, even if it’s not completely ideal. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to make the process easier and safer. Here’s how to sell your property safely despite the pandemic.
Go Virtual for Safer Showings
Avoiding germs and bacteria is crucial, even if you need to stage an open house. With digital tools, though, it’s easier and cleaner than ever.
● Create a virtual tour of your property to help give buyers insight.
● Take advice from experts on how to prep your home for virtual selling.
● Clean thoroughly — before and after — if you schedule in-person showings. Invest in products that make cleaning effective and effortless.
Remember That Curb Appeal Matters
Now more than ever, curb appeal — virtual or otherwise — matters. After all, buyers may rely on drive-by visits to decide whether to make an offer.
● Pay special attention to real estate photography for the best results.
● Take budget steps toward achieving curb appeal. Focusing on your garden, landscaping, and the exterior of your home can help boost curb appeal.
● Make sure all your exterior features — like decks — look their best.
● Prep and stage your home in advance of virtual showings.
Know Your Market Before You List
Despite the coronavirus pandemic, a lot is happening in the housing market. Know your audience — and competition — before you begin.
● Know if it’s a buyer’s or seller’s market.
● Check-in with the Northbrook housing market to see what’s happening.
● Look to comparable properties for pricing guidance.
From socially distant home showings to pricing your home from the comfort of your living room, there are plenty of ways to sell safely during the coronavirus. Thanks to technology, every step of the process can happen remotely. And with these tips, you’ll be preparing to close in no time.
Photo via Pixabay